Mantra: I have to have a diorama for my dolls because...
1. My dolls are too pretty to live in dark, skimpy boxes.
2. Living in those dark boxes mess up their hairdos. Often times, I forget to put back on their hair nets as I need to work on my photos after the shoots.
3. Other than messy hair, some of my girls get stained, mostly on their noses, eerrrrkkkk!!! I don't know where they get it but I think if only I had a "living room" for them, this can be avoided.
4. I want to show them to my house guests. Who doesn't want to, with those pretty faces (and well, gorgeous outfits *wink, wink*)?
5. I want to get inspired every day or every time I see them in my living room.
6. I can easily use the diorama as my shoot backdrop.
7. But, really, I just wanted to keep them safe and comfy because yes, I don't have the shelves yet :(
Months ago, my mind's already set on a living room design - tropical.... Maybe because I grew up and spent most of my life near the beach? or because I live in a tropical country? Well, whatever the reason is, I want the diorama to be relaxed, clean, with lots of sunshine outside, large comfy couches, wooden furniture, indoor plants.... gahh I'm getting so excited...
I looked for more inspiration and found these cool photos from www.houzz.com:
.... and so many more beautiful photos to inspire you for your diorama, too!
Whatever your aesthetics is, be it eclectic, modern, asian, traditional, mediterranean,or contemporary, they got it! So, I gotta go now to check the rest of what they got..
til next time dolly friends!!!