Blog Revamp Version 2015


Hey dollies!

So here I am again, changing things here and there, like I usually would. It's been months since I wanted the look and feel of the blog to be revamped because of the following reasons:

  • I like my blog to feel airy, pleasing to the eye, inviting...
  • I've always longed for a more readable blog so it's easier for the community to pick up tips and other helpful information I would share, establishing connections effortlessly.
  • The less clutter-y it is, the more focused I get with my intentions in every post.
These and my fondness for new things and experiences. If I'm not mistaken, this is the fourth update I made since this blog started in January 2012.

As you can see, this time I just went with a simple template, quite literally as it's what it's called. I incorporated the lighter versions of my favorite shades. I used gray and light pink all throughout the pages. Those of you who have purchased from my shop before know exactly how I love to package your orders in those pretty gray cardboards (actually they're black but because of the sparkles, they seem to look lighter) and light pink/peach ribbons.


As neat as I want the packaging to be..
I also went with a cleaner font and white background, totally the opposite of what I have been doing since I started blogging. Most of my blogs, including the defunct ones have white text on black background. When I was younger, I would write metallic pens on my black-paged notebooks. But I realized that when you read, it's easier on a light background. Growing up with those cream-colored book pages prepared us for this. I made it sound like a black propaganda there. LOL!

I also removed some of the apps that used to surround the main body of the page. Some are actually just for my use that you guys may never even care about anyway. The others are visually distracting, making it harder for the reader to focus on the post. In this setup, I look at it and I can breathe deeply, for some reason. Tee hee...

What do you guys think of this new look? Do you think my future posts will be easier to digest in this setup?

I would love to hear your thoughts about it. Thanks so much in advance, dollies!

hugs and kisses from the Philippine islands,
s h a s h a

Comments

  1. I really like your new look, it's inviting, easy on the eye and neat. Great remake job! About your packaging, when my order from you arrived, I was very pleasantly surprised and I kept the package :-). Hugs and kisses to you to from my gloomy rainy country ;-D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda.. That was my intention - I really appreciate your support! And thanks for keeping the packaging, I am very touched.... You just don't know how much these things mean to me :) More hugs and kisses to you to compensate for the gloomy weather :)

      Delete
  2. It looks great. I may revamp my blog for the coming year. I'm thinking about some changes. Thumbs up :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anika... Yes, a blog revamp is always great! I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful changes! Hugs hugs!

      Delete
  3. Shasha, it looks great! It does have a nice clean look to it. I need to do the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Georgia Girl! I agree we need to have cleaner blogs to make up for our cluttered doll collection (mine at least, but I know a few friends) LOL!

      Delete
  4. I love the new look -- clean and simple, like reading a page from a book. The less distraction I see, the more my focus is on the written word. I probably need to clean up my sidebars, too.
    :-)

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank goodness! I looks like I'm hitting the right spot there, Debbie, right? I'm so glad you guys are inspired by this nice change... So so glad!

      Delete
  5. The new look is fabulous - very easy to read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!