Travel gal Blaise (my supposed first OOAK doll at the shop)


Some of you might have already seen this gal in my previous post.
Yes, she is supposed to be an OOAK doll with outfits listed with her, 
to be listed in my shop weeks ago, as but several things were and are still bugging me.

First, since I work in a dark room, I failed to notice some very light stains on her right cheek
 until I took her out for this photo shoot. They're too light to be noticed but my OC tendencies
can't lie.



Lesson learned? Work in a place with great lighting.
And when I say great, I'm talking about outdoor lighting.
Recently, I moved my working table next to the window
to be able to get good natural light during the day.
I however still don't get much as we have window screens installed
to protect us from mosquitoes.
#tropicsissues

I tried repainting in our garage one time but I got dehydrated
because of the heat.
So I am assigning that small nook at the back corner of the house
as my painting area, where there's enough daylight, and not too much dry, hot air.
But I need to do a renovation of sorts with it.
I need to put it in my to-do list soonest.

Now back to this doll I'm calling Blaise.

While I was photographing her,
since I was outside of the house, literally,
I was a bit uncomfortable.
For some reason, I broke one of her shoes.
Meaning, I had to make her new shoes again.

Lesson learned? Make really, really good shoes.
I have never made enough shoes for my girls as I focus on clothing.
But this time, if I do want to sell OOAK dolls and outfits,
I need to up my game in this department.

If not for those two reasons,
she's probably already in a doll collector's shopping cart now.

The stains on her cheek is the trickiest though since 
they can't be removed by water.
If I used acetone, it would leave patches or "shallow holes"
on her cheek. This was what happened to my other gal.
Can't afford to commit the same mistake again.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm going to repaint her.
I probably would, which is painful because
I liked this look of her. And repainting is relatively a new skill for me,
so it will take a day at least.



There were also other reasons why it took me a while to take a photo of her.
That top part of her outfit was the third I made because of course, I wanted it to fit perfectly.
It takes a longer time to make as it is fully lined.

I also initially made a Bali-inspired "rattan"/wicker
round shoulder bag for her but I feel that my bag-making skill
is worse than shoe making. Took me a while to give her the Siargao tote.

Oh, the hat. That hat she's wearing is the sixth I made.
I was so happy to finally arrive at this version.
I'm planning to make a few more.
I'll also document the process so I can share with you guys some time.

The accessories! Oh, geez.
I realized I haven't been accessorizing my girls enough lately
that I forgot how to even do it.
I'm glad that I have those tiny beads fit for her "traveller look".

Up to this point, I'm still clueless as to how I would proceed with Blaise.
She was supposed to be my first OOAK doll to be listed in my shop,
but I'm frozen with so many thoughts, fear.

What do you guys think of her?
I'd love to hear your honest opinion on this venture.
 Thank you so much in advance.

much love,
s h a s h a



Comments

  1. Oh! I love everything about her. She is perfect to my eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear.. I do, too! I just to make her shoes, and try to remove those lights stains 😁

      Delete
  2. Oh Shasha, she's gorgeous! I don't see stains of course on the photos, I hope you can fix it, I understand totally that you want her make-up to be perfect. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the suit she is wearing, it's so beautiful. Will this be OOAK or are you planning on making more of them? I didn't see it separately for sale in your shop (yet). Big hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda! I hope you've been doing great! Thanks so much;I'm happy to know you liked her.. Yes, the stains are not as noticeable on photo as it is in person in broad daylight so I need to think of a way to fix her... To be honest, I wanted the outfit to be exclusive to her since she's OOAK but maybe I might make it again and sell on Etsy or here. Tee hee..

      Delete
  3. I agree; she looks gorgeous and I love her outfit! As an artist, you need your work to be flawless and a representation of you, so I understand why you want to make sure she's perfect before adding her to your shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear.. Thanks so much.. If I could only let go of that ego/image, right? But i'm working on that...

      Delete
  4. Honestly I think she is beautiful! The thing that would be an issue to some people I guess would be the stains on her cheek. If there was a photo that showed the staining, and maybe if you listed her for a discounted price and made it super obvious for the reasons. Cos I can't even notice the staining and think she is actually stunning! But I know that some people are fussy bout stuff like that :)
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so on point, dear Lydia.. I will try to take a photo or video that will show those stains clearly and exactly do as you suggested - sell her with no markup/profit.. I'll just consider it as part of a learning process 😉 i did consider this idea but it was looking at the business perspective so i ditched it. Now, thanks to you i am reminded that the value of things we do don't always mean monetary. Much love and hugs to you, dear girl 😘😘😘 I hope you have been feeling better always 💋💋💋

      Delete
  5. She is a beautiful doll and the outfit is great. I don't see anything wrong with her.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, my camera just can't quite register the stains well but oh well, oftentimes, I'm too finicky with my works 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!