April - the month of slacking off

Hey dollings!

For this month of April,
I'm afraid I might be slacking off.

I'll be on a two-week vacation by the last week of the month,
and just this weekend we concluded the family's annual beach getaway.

And when I'm preparing for vacations,
I mean business 😅

So yeah, to make the long story short,
I never got to make any new designs for you, my dollings.
Please, please forgive me.

But creativity never escaped me!

Instead of beating myself to worry about missed work and earning opportunities,
I painted.

I played again.

I may not have mentioned it to you before
but my first love has always been making images 😊

I've never really abandoned sketching, drawing, painting.
I may have paused for several years but
while I'm busy trying to survive college,
raise a baby, establish an office career,
even run my first adult business which is selling espadrilles along with two of my friends,
I always daydream about making images in between.

I feel peaceful when I sketch with a pencil, or if I mix paints, and lay them on paper or canvas.
The sound of my marking is just so soothing, it's perfect to allow myself to just let it all go.
When I paint or draw, something whispers to me, "it's gonna be okay" .

So, yeah.. Please bear with the non-doll related post today...
But I did paint miniature pictures, so I guess you have no choice left but to forgive me 😅

Here are my paintings in the past weeks or so..

"Pina"
Acrylic on 3x3 stretched mini canvas


"Cani"
Acrylic on 3x3 stretched mini canvas


"Ama"
Acrylic on 3x3 stretched mini canvas

"Yoi"
Acrylic on 3x3 stretched mini canvas


"Sora"
Oil on 9x12 stretched canvas


And lastly, I painted our five-year old furry family member, Puffle ❤️

"Puffle"
Oil on 9x12 canvas board panel

It was so liberating to not think about creating a product, 
to not think about earning, to not think about time and how time can earn you money, 
to not think about both time and money.

I could hear my mother say her favorite words to me 
"there you go again with your impractical ways..." 

How is happiness impractical, my dollings? 

That's what I will leave with for you now, my dear friends.. 

Until next time...

xoxo,
shasha

Comments

  1. You need a break from the routine of life occasionally. I think indulging yourself helps you "reboot" or refresh. I love your paintings. Would you consider selling the Lolita stickers again? I missed out on that one when you had them in your shop a year or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll... Thanks so much for always checking out my blogposts 😘

      You are right about reboots.. I realized that it's healthier for me to give time to each of my passions, and it's important that they don't need to generate products/that I don't need to earn from such activities. This way I don't getstressed out. I used to have a similar system back then, you know, make doll clothes for a week, then paint/draw another week, then make videos and patterns the next, and maybe get back to repainting some dolls another week, but a week seems to short to learn something. So I'm trying to give myself maybe a month or maybe 3 weeks to really just indulge in one thing. I'm excited to do two weeks of some travelling and maybe taking photos, too. Travelling is something I wanted to do for a long time and I realized I should do it sooner as well 😉 Life is short, we should spend it well 😊

      Delete
  2. I totally relate with what you wrote. I used to love drawing and painting, but busy life hasn't allowed me to keep doing it. I will probably come back to it one day. I love the painting with the palm trees, it's so cute!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy... Sorry to get back a little too late, love... Sigh... busy life - what are we even doing? Honestly, we are way too deep into this madness. That is why I am now starting to let it all go.. for real, 'cause really, what are we waiting for? xoxo to you, dear...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!