New how-to video series: Pencil Skirt

Happy new week, dear dollings!

The world is continuing to heal as we speak, so I wish you all the best during this unexpected yet somehow pivotal moment in our growth as human beings. Sorry for being so serious right away, guys. So hard to ignore the effects of quarantine as although I'm still the home-bound me, people I know and may not know but heard stories of via mass media are seeing their lives change. As always, I wish everyone the best.

I'm blogging today to share with you what I've been up to for the past few weeks now. I've been back to editing some how-to videos, but the process is slow as I am new to the editing software I am currently using. The software is from VSDC, a company that offers this awesome video editor, among other apps for your video-related projects. Love it, but it took me long before getting used to it. For several years, it was Windows Movie Maker that I use to make my youtube videos. The latter, also free, was now discontinued for the newer Windows computers.

And I did voice-overs again! Ahhh, quite a challenge at first because English isn't my mother tongue. But since I got no one else to do it for me, I automatically developed some thick skin right there haha!

I picked the pencil skirt process video series as my learning material, and the videos are live now, for you guys who want to learn how I make my pencil skirts. I have grouped the clips into three (3) videos.

PART 1: Preparing the Pattern and Fabric pieces



PART 2: Stitching the Front and Back Darts, and Side Seams



PART 3: Finishing the Garment



Of course, I have developed my own pattern for this series.
You can find the sewing pattern here.

I hope you can learn something new from these videos, guys.

Thanks so much again for dropping over here.

Take care always and chat with you soon!

xoxo,
shasha





Comments

  1. Hello again! I loved the videos! You have such a cute voice! In general, I find your videos very relaxing, I don't know if it's the music or what. I didn't understand very well why you flipped the pattern to trace it instead of folding the fabric, but maybe it's better to do it like that in doll scale.

    RIP Movie Maker. I also used that to edit my first and only Youtube video, it might not be very professional, but it was easy to use. Since it's not avaliable, I started using Shotcut, which is free and doesn't have any surprises at the end. It's a bit complicated to use at first and not so "begginer friendly" as Movie Maker, but it does the job. The only problem is that it takes forever to export files and I feel like my computer doesn't really support that very well. To compress videos when I have to upload them for college, I use a program called Handbrake, but I don't understand very well how it works, so I just use the default settings.

    I definitely agree that this pandemic is making a lot of things change. Luckily, I've chosen a career path that could allow me to work from home if I needed too, but it may be hard for me to get a job anytime soon. If not, I'll have to pray for those ads on my blog to start making some coins.

    Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MC, my dear... Thank you so much for dropping by as always!

      So happy to hear that you find my videos relaxing. I do intend it that way - relaxed but alert - since we are crafting mainly :D This recent series though that I'm mentioning in this post, might be a little different, as someone commented the music I used was loud and intrusive. I thought of updating the vids but someone else said they're fine... I actually planned my videos to be loud, rather than extremely low in volume to begin with, so that the listener/watcher can just tone down the volume to her/his preference. I don't know; I'm still trying to figure out how this VSDC editor works so maybe someday I'm gonna hit the sweet spot. I did hear about Shortcut, but for some reason I was drawn to try instead VSDC. It exports well, maybe because my laptop has at least the minimum specs it requires. I'm loving it, and I'm looking forward to learn more about this software as I go. Sigh, Movie Maker does the job for me and my uber simple videos but I guess, good things don't last :D
      That is so good to hear that your uni course allows you to do that. Good luck on finding a new job, darling. I know it's not gonna be easy to find one in the middle of the pandemic, but I'm sure you'll be able to because you are a great person ;) My business is currently at it's financial lowest, but for some reason, I am not as stressed as I was years, even months ago. Maybe because I get to do my other favorite things (drawing/painting, gardening, set making, and spending time more with the fam).

      Oh, and you are right about me not doing the folding of fabric to get the whole panel traced - it's easier this way for miniatures. And I want to really see my seams and have them marked before cutting. A little bit of mistake in measurements in miniature fashion is gonna get problematic ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the videos, I've only watched a little of the first one so far, but intend watching all three and making some skirts.
    You amaze me that English is not your first language!! Your English sounded just perfect to me!! I'm in awe.
    Hugs Sharon in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for dropping by, Sharon and I'm so glad you enjoyed my videos ☺️ Let us know once you make some skirts, okies?
      Awww, thank you so much for your kind words. My aim is to be as clear as possible since I'm teaching 😊 I will continue to try my best with my future videos 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!