So excited to be nominated by Debbie of BlackDollCollecting, and join the fun at the Liebster Blog awards. Thanks so much, Deb.
I know I am not your always-online blogger, but Deb probably wanted me to do more and grow this blog into something it should be. So, thanks again Deb and here's my take on this fun game.
The Rule/ To-do list:
I will be answering 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me, nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, notify these bloggers of their Liebster Blog Awards nomination, and ask them 11 questions.
This will also be the rule that I hope my nominees will follow :)
First up, Deb's 11 questions for Shasha:
1. What prompted you to begin blogging? I remember starting my first blog back in 2003 through GeoCities, to share my artworks and daily musings. After a few more blogs (that I have now "paused"), I reunited with my love for miniatures and dolls in 2010, and I thought I need to share my experience with like-minded souls in the blogworld in 2012. Hence, this blog.
2. When do you usually write your blogs? I write when I feel like I had to share something. Anything about my experience, revelations in my miniature creating. I usually blog after work, or when I'm too busy taking care of my family, during the weekends.
3. What inspires or otherwise motivates you to publish a blog? I'm inspired by the people who share their experience around the web; feels like I need to connect to them and inspire others as well.
4. What is your favorite pastime? Reading, sketching, designing and making miniature clothes and stuff for my dolls, getting mesmerized by dolls and collecting them, having fun with my family, laying by the beach...
5. If your favorite pastime involves collecting dolls, answer this question and the next two (otherwise skip to question 8): What dolls do you collect? I have Barbie, Fashion Royalty, Momokos and Blythe.
6. How long have you been collecting and what prompted you to begin? - I have collected dolls since I was a child. I remember my mom motivating me to win in children's singing contests so that I can buy more dolls with my prizes. My uncle gifted me a baby doll and the rest was history.
7. Are your dolls confined to one room or are they in more than one room in your home? My dolls live in my bedroom, but I'm planning to showcase them at the living room soon :)
8. If questions 5-7 do not apply to you, but you are a former collector, why do you no longer collect?
9. What was the last movie you saw either in a theater or on DVD? Le Perfume by Tom Tykwer
10. What was the last book you read? Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
11. If you could live anywhere other than your current location, where would it be? That beach house I am saving up for.
Done with answering Deb's questions. Next is to nominate the blogs I think deserved to be in the list. I love all the other blogs I follow, but the ones below fit the "below 200 followers" sort of qualification.
Here go my nominees...
Questions for my Nominees:
1. Why blog at all?
2. What is your most sacred art form? If it is other than your blog itself, please share with us a link if you have posted about this.
3. What is your favorite art material or tool?
4. How does blogging enrich your life?
5. Who are your top three supporters in running this blog of yours?
6. Why do you think people love to blog?
7. If you have all the time for you, what blogs would you like to create other than this one?
8. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
9. Who is your real-life hero and why?
10. Other than blogging, what else do you do?
11. What is beauty to you?
Notifying my nominees
Lastly, I will need to contact them and get back to you (via a comment) when I'm done.
So there you go. If you're a nominee and if you're new to Liebster just like me, Deb shared a link of a cool post of everything you need to know about the blog awards here.
Alright.. that's it... I hope this helps everyone to connect to and be more inspiring to more bloggers.
See you next time, dollies!!!