Letter from the universe

Hey Shasha...

Yes, you. Can we talk for a bit?

I know you're always busy and all, dreaming up things, wonderful and nice. And as always, I thank you for that, humbly. For if you don't dream, there is nothing for us to create, and maybe nothing new to experience.

For today though, I'd like to tell you something. This is because I see you sad and uncertain at times. I know that what you are going through is normal, just like with anyone who pursues something beyond herself. I understand that it is your pleasure to learn, and with pleasure comes pain. Some pains are bearable and temporary, but yours seemed like eternal. Maybe I can help?

See, you always look at the future. And when you sometimes look back in the past, you only see the undesirable. You seem to only remember what needs to be solved. You seem to always just look for problems, as if you can solve all of them, for some perfect future?

May I suggest that together we look into the past, wholly? Aside from not so pretty ones, we also look into what we've done that made us happier in the actual moments? Walk with me...

Yesterday, we spent the whole day hand embroidering that doll clothing piece we started making a pattern for a few weeks ago.

designing a wedding dress for the first time...

It was fun because we did embroidery for the first time in maybe 20-something years! The last time we tried our hand at it was in fourth grade, as part of art/crafts class. It was really fascinating to see thread build texture into the fabric.

trying hand embroidery again..

It sure made our right hand aching later that afternoon, but we listened to our body and relaxed those muscles by doing some watercolor painting.

Non-female looking male portrait, finally :D
It was nice to apply what we've learned from istebrak on drawing male heads, right? Finally, our male portraits look manly haha! And it was a relaxing study at that. See, you have to realize that thanks to your idea of using watercolors in our studies, that we get to relax and learn at the same time - a perfect way to wrap our day up. Thanks for that!

Oh, and don't forget that we shipped six packages early this week. We are always grateful to our buyers for their unwavering support for our craft. May I remind you that we always seem to be smiling when we write those messages for them. Those moments are what we are all about, remember that. And hey, you kept us safe as always. Such a wonderful guardian you are to this existence.

Last weekend was also exciting because we went to Divisoria to replenish our notions, packaging materials and to look for that perfect lace to use for that wedding dress. I know it's a little disappointing to not find that lace we want. I guess, life is just full of surprises, yes? And that's okay, because this led us to venture into another unknown - embroidering our own lace and that I know, excites you, too.

Hmmm so whatelse to remind you of those lovely things that we do...

Ahhh.. remember that we've been wanting to organize our threads for so long? Well, last Friday, we took some 20 or so minutes to the garage, poke some nails and voila, we now have a neat bunch of threads! This gives us some peace of mind for years to come for sure haha!







We also painted a lot more lately, experiencing watercolor's uncertainties again. When we realized we wanted to draw much better eyes, eyebrows and lashes, we researched and studied back in pencils. Wow, that was really fascinating to carve those eyes out that our sketches looked like renaissance statues.

eye studies
See, we have done joyful things recently. Add to that the ones we did for our family and friends. This year, we were having fun experimenting. For the last eight years, running a one-man show is the most invigorating. Together we have been doing joyful things for almost 39 years now.

But you seem to forget all of this. In these wonderful times, you just sit at the back and let me happen. You just watch. It seems that you are resting from it all, and I don't mind. Rest in me, if you must. I don't get tired of happening anyway, but you do, with all that dreaming.

So this post is a simple reminder that, you, my beautiful ego Shasha, don't need to beat yourself up for being not enough. You dream the most beautiful dreams, for us to happen and continue to happen for eternity.


all the love,
the universe

Comments

  1. That's such a powerful message to write for yourself, but also for others to read it. I know that sometimes life can feel a bit overwhelming, but if you focus on small things, it's easier to put one foot in front of the other. I understand there are days (or even weeks) when our spirits are down and we feel everything is going wrong, but if we think about it, there are lots of great things that are happening to us.

    I don't know what's going on in your personal life, but just know that I really enjoy hearing from you. I can tell from when I bought from your Etsy store that you put so much love in what you do. You put so much detail on your products, and I think all of your customers feel that.

    Take care Shasha, and I hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, MC, for all the love ❤️ I notice in myself the feeling of inadequacy when I give my all to what I do but don't reflect enough on them. Through this post, I am reminding myself to make it a habit to pause, and as they say, smell the flowers 😊

      Delete
  2. This was a thought provoking post. As someone in her 60's, I too often look back on things and focus on the mistakes I have made in my life. This past year, I have turned a corner in my life. I realize I cannot do anything about the past, but I can do something about what life I have yet ahead of me and making my remaining years happier and healthier. It is so much better to focus on the positives, isn't it? I know you are such a creative person. You seem to take pride in your craft and it is evident in the products you make. I am happy that I own some of your doll clothes! For me, I do take pride in the lovely young women my daughters have turned out to be. They must be somewhat of a reflection of how I raised them, right? So I definitely think I did something right there!

    Hold your head up high, Sasha! Keep up what you are doing. And I too, hope to keep hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, Phyllis 💕 Know that I truly treasure each and every comment you make in my posts 😘 I may be in the middle of questioning why I do things, and if am I doing them because of some deep-seated fear, but rest assured that it's a natural, strong force in me, and can feel it will continue for as long as I live 😊💕😘

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!