Unboxing and First Impressions: Re-Ment Petit Sample Izakaya Nonbei (Japanese Pub)



Hey dollings!
Welcome back to my blog :)

I usually don't do reviews as there are already a lot of great ones out there, but I couldn't resist Re-Ments anymore, and purchasing my first just gotta be documented, too haha!

However, this mini-review will just serve as my database log since I probably will not remember every tiny thing that is included in this pack. Photos may not be up to par, too, so please bear with me.

So, my first Re-Ment pack that includes eight (8) sets is the 
Petit Sample Izakaya Nonbei (Japanese Pub).
I chose this one because I had been wanting to create a diorama set
where my girls are drinking booze. Haha!

This Re-Ment Petit Sample Izakaya Nonbei is locally sourced and priced at a great deal (~55USD+SF)

I purchased mine from the local shopee store, sarisaritoyshop.
The package arrived 2 days later and the shop packed it ever so carefully that the box arrived without dents.
My doll friend Bubbles recommended this shop, too, so I guess I'll be buying from this shop again.

So, let's get started with this review, shall we?

The first set that I opened is called Dessert.
I know, this should have been the last course, but what I can do?
I didn't look at the box titles as I was just too excited!

And also, please note that I am describing the items entirely using my stock knowledge.
I basically don't know what each piece is called or for, but I'll try my best.
I may be a self-confessed Japanophile, but I have my limits, too :P

Dessert Set

From top-left row, we have the booklet, enclosed in the set box,  and on its cover is a picture of what's included inside. All boxes/sets have this booklet, which also includes cut-out pieces such as - for example, in this set - paper bills, receipts, and two things I have no idea what to do with - a square thing I thought would be used to protect the table/furniture from moisture, and this folded thing in the right bottom part of the picture.

Ugh. If only I continued my Japanese language lessons, right?

Below is a photo of the cut-out page before I cut all the paper pieces out.

Cut-out bills and receipts and what-nots


The paper bills, in threes, come in 10,000-yen, 5,000-yen, and 1,000-yen denomination.
There are two coins, too, that I placed in the black change dish. 

I love that it includes two kinds of receipts - one hand-written, the other a POS print.

Now, on to the food items.

The Dessert set comes with a plate of onigiri, a Japanese croquette, and two slices of pickled yellow daikon radish. All that is just my guess; please bear.
I hope someone knowledgeable and reading this would kindly comment and let us know.

We also have a cup of apple juice(?), and a scoop of ice cream on a dish with a spoon.

There's a white, hot towel that is shaped like a duck, and this wooden (?) piece that I will leave to those who know a lot of Japanese culture to identify.

I still have seven more sets to describe, so I'll be short and sweet in the following paragraphs.
I'll try my best to describe each set, though ;)

Up next, Beer.

Beer set

Firstly, I LOVE the beer dispenser. It comes with a transparent-background sticker that you can stick on its side.
And that frothy foamed beer - it can be removed from the mug! 
Ahhh, so many diorama scenes going in my mind already haha!

All sets come with a booklet and cut-out pieces that are also perfect Izakaya scene items.
This one has a Showa-era style poster of a girl and a menu, I believe.

We have edamame which can be served in a basket, a plate or both.
We are also given another white, hot towel in this set, rolled this time.

Then, we have Tofu and Tomato.

Tofu and Tomato set

Yep, that big bowl of white stuff sure looks like tofu more than anything else in the picture, right?
The tomato slices I believe comes with grated radish or ginger, on top of a perilla leaf.
I know, I'm watching way too many Japanese cooking shows ;P

We also have beer in this set that I love because it looks different from the other two.
That small white dish with blue rays around the rim, though, is almost always present in each set.
At first, I thought, *ugh* this plate again.
But I realized, you really would need more plates if you want more people drinking in your scene, right? So, yay!

We have a set of wooden chopsticks, a tray, and a ladle.

And oh, a menu stand!

For the cut-outs, we have a nice menu and menu price tags in easy-to-spot yellow paper.
These should be perfect for my izakaya counter :D

On to our fourth set, Grilled Chicken!

Grilled Chicken set

Look at those meat skewers! So kawaii, right?
One of the sticks actually has two removable meat pieces, which is so awesome.
We also have lemon soda, I think, a condiments tray with, I believe, a salt shaker in it.
I love that bamboo cup for all your used yakitori sticks.
This set's cut-outs include a poster, a couple of those square things, and the yellow price tags.
And, remember that thing I said about the white/blue saucer?
Yeah, pretty neat, eh?

Up next, Grilled Fish!

Grilled Fish set

Hands down to that tabletop grill, complete with removable red, flaming coal in it!
The two pieces of sliced meat grilling are just perfect, aren't they?

The three grilled fishes are so lovely, it's making me hungry right now :)
No idea about the white thing next to them.
Maybe grilled rice cake?

As always, a different looking beer mug, thank you, Re-Ment, and I love that it's halfway finished.
Love the details on this one, with its foam lacing on the inside of the mug.

Yay, a chopsticks holder with chopsticks in it!

And of course, the plate :D

For our sixth set, Oden!

Oden set

So, based on my knowledge from watching too many NHK World travel and food documentaries, Oden is those cakes and boiled eggs and other food cooked in nabe.
Nabe is like soup flavored with soy sauce, and other savory things, I believe.
So yeah, in this set, we have a plate of Oden.

And then we have perhaps, sake. The red bottle comes with a sticker that we put on as its label.
We have a cup full of the drink with some ice in it.
There's an ice bucket, and a tong, both giving me so much joy.
And the cigarette pack and the lighter? Sugoi!

The cutouts include a poster about the izakaya's oden offering, a brown poster, that square thing again, and these two padlocks.
I remember in one of my favorite Japanese dramas - one guy asked the bar lady to lock the drink so he will finish it the next time he comes back. Perhaps, those padlocks are for this purpose?

Hahaha.. I am enjoying so much, I hope you don't mind.

Then, we have Fried Chicken!



So yeah, we have a plate of grilled chicken and a slice of lemon, and another plate with egg roll omelet and I believe a tiny serving of grated radish.

Then we have a beer bottle and a bottle opener!
The beer mug this time has only ice in it, and a stirrer of sorts.

Yep, we got one of those white saucers again, and a pair of chopsticks.

The cutouts include a tour booklet, I assume, the green leaf under that egg roll, the paper towel to absorb the fried chicken oil, and the square thing.

Still there?

We're almost done!

Our 8th and final set is Sashimi!

Sashimi set

Just look at that sashimi boat!
The removable sashimi pieces are just so fun to arrange and rearrange on that wooden boat dish!

I love that there's another bottle of sake here.
At first, I was thinking this was a shoju bottle but do the Japanese drink shoju on this shot glass on a wooden box? Who knows, right? I'm not googling while I write this so yeah, if you ever know Japanese drinks stuff - please let us know in the comments section.

Oh, I love that soy cause bottle with a leather thing wrapped around its neck.
And the soy sauce and wasabi on the saucer dish is just lovely. 
We also have a set of chopsticks in this set.

The cutouts include a poster, a couple of name tags, I believe, and yellow menu pieces/price tags.

The main big box can also be made into a diorama set,
which I am not showing here because I will be making my own furniture soon.

So there you go - my unboxing and first impressions on this 8-piece box.



I love this collection a lot, even before I got them as I know I'll be able to create more doll scenes using these items. I don't have a favorite set, because I love how every little thing was chosen and put together.



Oh, I am so looking forward to making my Izakaya diorama!



Thanks so much again, dollings and chat with you soon!

xoxo,
shasha

Comments

  1. These sets are super cute! I love the little tomato plate, because it can be used in other dioramas and scenes that aren't necessarily japanese themed. But I do agree with you, everything is very cute and detailed. The fact that all the beers are different is a nice detail, that way you can pretend your dolls have finished their beverage.

    I think you did a good review and you explained everything quite well. Now I really want to get one for myself, but they seem to be quite expensive here. I've seen one with cute little doughnuts that is to die for and it seems to be more affordable.

    Wish you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey MC.. Thanks as always for dropping by, dear 😘 I wish you wonderful weekend, too. I'll still be sneaking in some work here and there, but surely that's the reason why it's gonna be awesome 😉
      Glad you like the first impressions review I did for this collection. You are right; the pieces can be detached and used differently so we actually have more options. I was fascinated, in particular, by the skewers with two removable meat pieces - so cool for a scene for sure! I've always wanted to photoshoot scenes so I am so happy to finally accept that I really won't have time to make my own miniature props and that I'll just have to buy. I can see myself buying more Re-ments than dolls in the future, to be honest 😅
      Yes, true, they are not cheap so Intend to only buy what I need, say for a diorama, or story. You probably are talking about their themed series? Or perhaps the bakery collection.

      Delete
  2. I just love Re-ment, although I prefer the older sets to the new ones but obviously the newer sets are cheaper and much easier to get. I love this set, mainly for the beer and glasses (I'm trying to find more drinks for a night club dio I have). I'm going to see if I can find this set somewhere. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did remember them being much more expensive back then - probably one of the reasons I put off the idea of starting a collection ehehhe.. Yes, beer and drinking glasses are such fun and must have pieces!

      Delete
    2. THanks by the way for dropping by at my blog earlier, dear... Went there to comment but it seems you disabled the comments section. I hope to see you blogging about your diorama scenes and dolls soon! xoxo, shasha

      Delete
    3. I may very well have disabled comments years ago, but can't remember. I've started a few blogs over the years and recently unearthed one I apparently created two years ago and promptly forgot about lol. My plan is to use the recently unearthed blog, but I also don't want to delete my old blogs because, in a way, they are still a part of me and my creative journey and sometimes I like to look back on my old posts.

      Delete
    4. Yay! I realized how important blogging is - so yey to us for coming back!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Re-Ment pieces you have there Sasha, I shall look forward to seeing how you use them all ..... especially the first set, nothing like having a great party!! YAY!!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey X! Oh my gosh, can't contain my excitement, to be honest.. I will most likely use all of them 😁😅❤️

      Delete
  4. Ooooh I love all these sets, they're so great!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, aren't they just inspiring? I decided to finally get back to diorama making and i'm also writing a blog series because of these cutesies 😍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!