The Rea Outfit - Melanie Bodysuit and Rea Wide-leg Trousers



Hey dolling! How has it been? I bet a lot also had been happening over your side of the globe.

Things aren't their usual, with pandemic and all, but it seems, my being inconsistent with blogging, is as usual. To be honest, I have wanted to share everything here, but I couldn't just make myself sit and do laptop work. Is it really this hard to simply type what you want to say, and insert photos? My last post was months ago.

So here I am, dumping whatever that is of recent. Dumping because I wanted to make it feel like it's easy and authentic. I don't mean to sound rubbish. Perhaps, this is just one of those times when I didn't care if my blog post ever mattered. So thank you for being here, dolling. This post may not be helpful and inspirational as I've always aspired my posts to be, but at least, it feels like a lazy Saturday afternoon, as it is now.

Let me share with you today some of the photos I took yesterday, and some days before that. And oh, beware - I won't be editing this post like I normally would (I once worked as a copy editor) so please bear with my carelessness this time.

First up is this bodysuit I am very happy to have designed in the last week or so.  I named it Melanie, as I found out this color is called so. I used the skills I learned from making bodysuits in the last few months.


 I also used some techniques I learned from making puff-sleeved dresses, albeit just prototypes.  I wanted to give the neckline this elegant no-hem look and made the back super low. In the previous photo, you can also see a skinny scarf. The reason why I added this extra piece - I felt like the neckline is too low, at first. But it has grown on me later on.


Then there's the wide-leg pants to pair the bodysuit with - something I had been wanting to make for soooo long. I'm calling it the REA pants. Guess why :D


I have several fabrics that don't really look appropriate with tropical weather clothes so I am so happy to be making things that my dolls can wear in this cool season here in my country. 

Super glad to be finally using these fabrics that had been in my collection for years now.



I usually, unfortunately for my dolls, leave out accessories, but this time, I made a bag to complete the whole outfit. The idea is that Hannari is a real estate agent, and she visits Aki's izakaya. Of course, real estate agents carry papers around so I opted for this bag that can store documents flatly, with an option for a laptop compartment and other small stuff. Why real estate agent? The japanophile in me - that is why. I used to enjoy watching this Japanese tv drama called "Your house is my business". I love how psychology plays a big role in selling big-ticket expenses like properties that the tv show is one of my all-time faves! I could watch the whole series over again.


The characters in that tv show would drown their work worries in an izakaya. That also inspired me to somewhat connect my izakaya diorama and create a storyline. Ahhh, I really love taking photos and telling stories based on what I see in the frame. 


But I realized I wanted a lot more in the diorama I have set up. I wanted to take photos from unusual angles but such are so hard to achieve because of how cramped the izakaya is. That made me come up with this little conversation of Hannari and Aki, planning to expand the izakaya into the whole room box. Of course, I have random things laying here and there - BTS dolls, some tiny stretched canvas that I plan to paint on for forever, a roll of hemp cord, a prototyped drawer.


The friendship that I have written for between Hannari and Aya was actually accidental, but I am glad that it feels so real when I remembered the two actually had a photoshoot together in 2016 if I'm not mistaken. Hannari back then has curly hair, and Aki, slimmer.


Then later in my photoshoot session, after lunch, I took photos that would show details of the new outfits I made. I like how sexy they came out.


Initially, I wanted Hannari to lie down on a fur "bed" but I realized I have already thrown away that thrifted piece (it was actually the fur lining of a big coat) a long time ago. Good thing I found this black and white lace fabric - it looks sexy,  and goes well with the color scheme (black and metallic-ish). There, like a lingerie photoshoot of sorts :)


Of course, I wanted to take photos of the bag, too, because it inspired me to make bags for my girls in the future. I hope I could hang on to this one. I seem to always forget about projects that I only plan on my mind. Documenting here will hopefully impress that thought of wanting to make doll bags in the future.


I love how this photo, especially, came out. When seen from afar or in thumbnail, the pants form deep recesses on the lace surface. Amazing illusion.


So, yeah. What do you think about this outfit? To be honest, I used to wear something similar when I was still working in the corporate world.

Well, I guess that is it for this REA project. REA for Real Estate Agent - lol.. Just me being lazy in coming up with names for my pieces. A doll friend said it was clever - so I feel proud for my slothfulness :D

As I checked, I only typed for an hour or so -  a record-breaking time as I usually fuss about my blog posts like my life depends on them.

But I'm happy I just came here to let go and share away all things that are going through my mind while I am carrying out this project, alone as always. I barely talk about my projects to family and friends, so I feel so blessed to have this platform to just DUMP it all out. It feels really great. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

Now, I'm again and again, reminded how important it is to just blog away.

Okies, I'm gonna go ahead, my dollings.

Love you, sweets! Talk to you soon!

Xoxo, shasha

Comments

  1. Love Hannari's outfit! I actually just bought some wide-legged pants myself and love them. Of course, I'm not as tall as Hannari, so I don't have that model quality when I wear mine, but I still think I look pretty good! I hope you'll add these to your shop once things get up and running again; I'd love this outfit for some of my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so happy to know you love it, too, girl! This outfit is such a stylish one, every stylish girl always had at least one in their wardrobe, right? They're up at the shop now, dear so please feel free to browse through my offerings 😁😁😘😘😘

      Delete
  2. Linda sweetie ❤️ Always sweet as you are, thank you so much. I've always wanted to make something like this for so long and I'm so glad I gave it time this season. They're now at my shop, dear so I hope to see you grab a pair from there soon ❤️❤️❤️ Thanks so much 😍 Big hugs back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit makes her look so classy. Now that I see the bag you made for her I am thinking you should have been doing this a long time ago! So professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Grandmom ❤️ I did think of adding more bags to my etsy shop before but I couldn't just find the best materials yet. That is why I just made a couple tote bags in the past and a few made of suede like this 😊 But thanks so much for the inspiration. I aim to add a bag to every ensemble I make in the future ❤️

      Delete
  4. Hi Shasha! I don't know how this post went unnoticed for me. Truth is that I haven't been very active here, plus the new blogger reader is a hot mess.

    I do actually like reading your posts, whatever they're about, and knowing what you're up to (even though I already follow you on Instagram). I love the outfit, I really do, specially the bodysuit. The shape is beautiful and I love that mauvy color. I also saw that you made another body suit in lime green, but I believe those were for Barbies.

    I want to learn to sew in 2021. I know I say it every year, but I always find other projects to work on and I never get around it. However, I do fee that next year will be the year, since I want to make a doll couch and I will need to make pillows.

    Wish you a lovely holiday season if you celebrate it. If not, wish you a happy end of the year.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MC dolling - i know you've been busy with life as I'm always updayed with your IG posts 😉 Yes, pillow cases should be perfect beginner pieces. I know this because I made a lot when I was just starting to learn the sewing machine. 2021 should be a great year to start learning, dear so just follow your instincts 😘
      Delighted to know you love the new outfit - they're very Shanon, I would say 😁 My old workmates would totally tell me that 😅 Yes, the neon green was sewn for the Barbie but as it turns out, being made from stretch fabric, this bodysuit fits most fit/slender sixth scale dolls! That is why I'm so excited to make new versions of this Melanie one in the future 😊
      And about blogging, I realised I really don't need to force myself to write "useful" posts. I just need to be in the moment. Very cliche, but as I'm getting old, I feel things aren't really as hard as they seem 😊
      Keep up the crafty dreams, love!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!