Crisp look for Finnick Ken Doll (Fresh Repaint, Dress Shirt, Tie and White Trousers)

Hey, dollings!
Several weeks ago, I finally gave my faceless Hunger Games Finnick doll a, well, a face. 

Finally, Finnick doll got repainted...

It must have been at least two years since his face repaint was rubbed off/robbed of him.
So when one of my group members at the Craft Cafe suggested I make a dress shirt pattern for a Ken doll, I immediately took the opportunity.
It was just so serendipitous because I happened to create a pattern for Ken's dress shirt years ago but never really released it. I thought it was too complicated to share.

Believe it or not, this was him modeling the dress shirt in 2018.



I removed his head entirely as I felt I cheated him if I showed him faceless.

But, now it's payback time so aside from giving him a fresh repaint, I also made him a tie, and a pair of crisp white trousers.

Oooops, Finnick had to borrow some white sneakers from his BTS friends...

I don't know how I managed to put off making Ken clothing this long but I'm happy to have done it finally. I am hoping to make him his own wardrobe soon.
Maybe not as fast as I wanted, but definitely not two years.

I feel proud with this whole look, actually.
Even the girls at the Izakaya would agree.

He'll have his new name soon... I just gotta choose from the many wonderful suggestions I got from my Instagram community ;)

Oh, and if you guys are interested in making this dress shirt,
the pattern is already up on my Etsy shop, link here.
The process videos are also up on YouTube.
Here's the playlist link.

And for those of you who like the fit on his trousers, I will work on the trousers pattern in the coming weeks.

So, yeah.. looking forward to more Ken doll clothing in the future.
I actually bought the Asian BMR Ken doll last month, too so I actually am excited.
I just gotta streamline my schedule first.

For now, please enjoy some more photos of this new model in my atelier,
and the Izakaya.

And of course, have a lovely rest of the weekend, guys!






















Comments

  1. Hey Hey Linda... How have you been, my friend? I hope all is well with you... Nyahahha... Yeah, sadly, it's the first time these girls saw a Ken (in my collection). This Ken has been hidden from them in a looonnng time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, he looks fantastic! The face paint that you have given him keeps his essence, but is still very "Shasha". This was one of the male dolls I had an eye on, but he would never go on sale, so I didn't get him. The clothes you made are fantastic, I specially love the pants.
    Now that things are starting to calm down I might try to go to the fabric store and get some plain cotton fabric to start sewing. To be fair, I'm very concerned about doing something unnecesary and get sick, so for that reason I've been postponing lots of things, including buying craft supplies that I would need.

    Hope you're doing well and staying safe and creative.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a couple of nights down with fever, I've recovered and now back to normal. It's scary to think I might have gotten the virus when I went out to register my patterns business, but thankfully, it seems to be not the case.
      He is the one I wanted in the hunger games collection, too as I find the peeta doll too boy-looking. I hope you find a good deal soon. Have you tried the second hand market/nudes in ebay?
      Yes, I too do not go out even for a fabric and try to order my notions online as much as I can. But with fabric, it's always the best to have a feel of it first before buying, right?

      Delete
  3. So good to hear from you! And that's great to know you've purged recently, and mostly often, it gives us a happier, lighter feeling, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!