Doll Repaint Update on Tamica and Luna + New Hoodie Dress Pattern for the Made to Move Original bodies

 



Okay, guys, so pretty much the title and photo above already summarize what happened during the first week of September 2022.

I promised to blog about what I did during this anniversary month, so I thought to share the process of my little journey towards releasing this much-requested pattern. It's finally up on my Etsy shop

I will need my trusty girls for this little venture of course, so today I'm writing about their much-needed doll spa time.

So, first up - Tamica. 

I was only planning to do a retouch on her because I thought she didn't look too bad. But after her warm bath...

The details of her repaint from 2017 (accck!) have now faded way too much.

I tried to clean her some more with alcohol but look at this white thing on her face!



I then decided to brave repainting again haha!


And here she is now!







I loved how it turned out! Stoked to have decided to revamp her repaint!
I think I did some changes on her lower teeth here after a day.
See those little whites underneath?
Overall, both of us are ecstatic!


Up next, Luna!


Ugh, I felt so bad keeping my dolls in this condition for such a long time!

I didn't also notice her face was this bad until the bath was done.

I quickly put her locks into these perming little wire things, cleaned her face with acetone, another wash, then off to boiling water spa hehe hehe

I decided to give Luna a simpler faceup this time. Somehow, it's her hair that I want to showcase more.

And here she is.. so refreshing, right?
We both love her new look!


Wow, It's been a long time since I painted, and it's wonderful to know that you don't need to buy new dolls to feel this good <3

Prepping the girls now for tomorrow's photo shoot out.


Literally just outside our house haha!





Ahhhh, don't you just love natural lighting?



And inside again...












And I realized how funny it is when I posed Luna like this ---


--- because I just felt that fun vibe in her!
And I remembered, she likes to pose like that, even back in 2015!


More photos related to that tuxedo romper here..


So, yeah.
The first week this month was very invigorating because of the unexpected repaints I did.
Happy too because I got to finally share this Hoodie Dress pattern for Made to Move Original dolls.

Next week, I'll be sharing again my atelier shenanigans, but for now, I hope you enjoyed this little post and somehow got inspired to do something with your older dolls.

I gotta go prepare some projects to do this month that of course, I'm going to share with you.

Thanks again for dropping by and by the way, since you're still reading this, may I gift you a 50% discount on all my Etsy digital products (only...) for September 19, 2022, Manila time. 
Please use SHASHATURNS42 upon checkout, okies?

Love all of you and chat with you soon!

warm hugs,
shasha


Comments

  1. Hi Shasha! It's nice to see what dolly projects you've been working behind the scenes. Both Tamica and Luna look lovely with their new faces. I like the hoodie dresses as well. What type of fabric did you use for the grey one?
    Hope you've had an amazing and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey MC 😊 Thanks as always for dropping by, dear. I just used this plus-size tee I bought from the mall years ago for all my stretchy doll outfita. I often use thin human tshirts for my hoodie dresses and pullovers, as they are thin and drapes lovely 😉

      Delete
  2. So rewarding! & love the results! I wish I could make this hoodie outfit too. Thank you so much for your inspiration💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ellie! Of course, you can make one, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!