Trying out "velcro" closures for Hagrid doll's outfit

I finally tried my third type of clothing closure - the "velcro" tapes on Hagrid's pullover! While these fabric closure tapes are often conveniently called "velcro" tapes, you may also google them as nylon-and-hook fasteners, sew-on fabric tapes, or for our doll clothing ventures, Doll Clothes Velcro on Etsy.

Welcome back to my little blog and thank you so much for visiting. It's been sleeping for months now and I'm just so happy to be here again.

Today, I'll be sharing with you the outfit I created for Hagrid - who is now a resident model at my atelier! Yay!!! I've been eyeing on this guy for a looong time and finally the universe heard my heart murmurs haha! Our dear doll friend Yvonne from Germany graciously sent him to me as a gift, and I couldn't be more grateful. Despite the things happening around the world over the past few years, this is one reminder for me to always look on the brighter side. There will always be joys from every corner so I now try to be even more sensitive.

Hagrid arrived perfectly unharmed thanks to Yvonne's sturdy, careful packaging.

Of course, I had to strip off him his original ensemble to get his body measurements :)
Oooppss! Gotta use something for cover :D

He's cute, isn't he?

 I have developed pullover and trouser patterns for him and after a few prototypes, he's happy with these.








Once I finish preparing the layout of these new patterns and sew a few more samples, they should be listed at the shop.



Since I was too excited to use these velcro tapes, I didn't measure the lengths I need thus the thing you can see below haha!


By the way, I live in the Philippines and since China, where we source a lot of our sewing notion needs, is so close, I got mine from there. I ordered the 6mm-wide ones, in white, transparent, and black varieties. 



Happy that I correctly received the measurements I ordered!




They're actually easy to sew on my sewing machine.
And once sewn on, I liked how flat they feel at the doll's back.
I think I will be using them more in the future for my tees, pullovers, and other doll clothes made of knits or stretch fabrics.

As for Hagrid's pants, I still used my usual sew-on snaps due to their type grip.
 

So here's our Hagrid dude, without shoes again, eeeep!
Why do I always pose my dolls without their shoes?


Thank you so much again for dropping by, dolling!
I hope you're having a lovely week, with some doll clothes sewing project progress here and there :)

Let me know in the comments below what's up with you guys nowadays!

xoxo,
shasha

Comments