Blog Update 2022 Part 1 (What I did from January to March)


Hi guys! 

It’s been ages since my last report and I feel like doing one just before we celebrate atelierniSHASHA’s 11-year anniversary. Yes, we again are celebrating our birthday on September 1 and honestly, I haven’t prepared anything extra this year. I had been thinking of creating a diorama, complete with newly styled dolls with of course new outfits, but as always, we’re left with just me - being too ambitious and unrealistic about my resources, especially time. 

However, I’m gonna save that talk for another post because today is reflection time on what has happened over the last few months. This is going to be a photo-heavy post so feel free to comment below and ask me questions and we can just chat away, okay?

January 2022

I started the year making these outfits for Poppy Parker as a commission for a doll friend. I have said yes to this commission almost a year prior to first getting my hands on it, so I was glad I finally set out some time to do it.



Also started this 24-part garment for a client, this is my first prototype. 


A few days later, back to the Poppy commission, still prototying. 


 



Then, finishing off the month with this second prototype for the 24-part romper.






February 2022

This month was a mix of different projects - I was slowly working on Lisa's gown. A while ago, I posted a tutorial on how to sew your a simple doll gown, and this pink one below is one of the first prototypes I did before coming up with the final pattern.


Got my Kit doll and took some photos :)




Prototyping MC's two-piece bikini set - tutorial here.. pattern here :)



First Curvy cover-up prototype, also a part of MC's bikini set.



Had to make sure I also continue working with my parallel projects, one of them is Lisa's gown prototype #2.



Oversized tee photos here are for my Poppy Parker wardrobe commission.



I also started my other commission piece(s) below. It's a 24-piece pattern set to make just one romper. 
I know. I'm a masochist for sure.




Then back to MC's bikini and cover-up set.





Finished off the month by making my curvy gal her own blazer pattern.
That's just version 1 there. She's wearing a slimmer doll's blazer, by the way.



March 2022

Started the month with another version of the curvy hoodie dress in a shimmery knit fabric.



Between designing, prototyping and sewing, I also try to clean up and maintain my tools and equipment. Below are some of my trusty pins and needles.


Finally had the time to test my first curvy blazer prototype.


Pairing my two recent prototypes. This I believe is my final prototype for Lisa's curvy gown.
 

And of course, also worked on new prototypes for the Poppy commish!

 

Excited for these water-soluble fabric ink pens :)
Look at the white one, marks perfectly on black fabric, eh?



Finally finished my Poppy Parker wardrobe commission.



Proud of these improvements in my sewing.




Then wrapped the month by finishing the first romper commission.



Okay, I thought this post is already a bit long so I am continuing my report on my next post, which is probably tomorrow.

Again, I'm just writing to kind of reflect on the previous months and to somehow remind myself that I wasn't really lazying around like I always thought.

Alright, see you tomorrow, dollings, for my report on April to August 2022, okies?

Thanks so much for dropping by, and if you can, please drop some comments so we can chat, too, okay?

Really refreshing to be sharing all these with you..

Hugs hugs,
shasha

Comments

  1. Hi Shasha! Welcome back! You really did lots of things these past months. My favorite has to be the metallic romper that had so many pattern pieces. It looks like something you could see in a music video.
    I totally get not being able to be very active around the blogosphere, as working on blog posts and keeping up with your reading list takes quite some time from getting things done.
    I've also ditched my idea for the permanent diorama, because I'm trying to save up for a special cutting machine, and I much rather start working on it once I have it. In fact, I don't think I'll do anything craft related until the end of the year, as I much rather use the very little spare time I have practicing my sewing and making some new doll clothes.
    I hope you're doing well and I'll keep an eye for part 2 of the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey MC! Yay, it's so good to have you stop over - thanks so much, dolling! I agree that romper is on the edgy side and perfect for such scenes.
      Oh, gosh - my reading list.. I've not really done some reading for soooo long. I have no idea what's been going around our doll blog world, and even on Instagram. As you know, I've taken some freelance work and it's been taking even more time from me since the start of the year. I am now trying to regain my time and focus so hopefully my ambitious ideas can take off hahahha
      I totally understand you having very little time for crafting and blogging. I did glance through your blog earlier and read something like you going back to school. That is fantastic! Doing something new again is always a great idea!
      I am doing great and glad I was able to reassess my priorities as of late. Health is super important above all else, because without it, I won't be able to take care of the precious aspects of my life namely family, relationships and my craft.
      I'm gonna go ahead read more of your recent blog posts and drop a hi :)
      xoxo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!