Babydoll dress, finally...

Yeah, I waited too long to make these baby doll dresses. I have been collecting fabrics perfect for such cute silhouette but I always end up with doing something else. Maybe because I've seen too much of these dresses around?

However, I thought why not still do it, but with a fabric that I think is not as much used for this design. Denim, what else?! LOL! But I had it faded, because I love the comfy, worn-in look. You probably know this if you've been following me long enough since my early distressed and faded denim shorts days.

I came up with 7 pattern versions and 5 or so prototypes to shape this dress into what I had envisioned. I love what I came up with and made a few, now all available at my Etsy shop. I am planning to have this in prints soon, but for now, let me share with you the photos I took. I had Shefali to star in it, and gave her black accessories. The 90s styling reminds me of my teenage days.

Dollies, this is the 90s baby doll dress in faded denim...














Up to 7 pattern versions ;P

And I have been enjoying video editing lately, let me share with you this:




That would be it for this post...
Til our next chat!

xoxo,
shasha

Comments

  1. It's such a cute dress! Can't wait to see it in prints :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so cute. I remember wearing dresses like this, but mine were a little longer.
    :-)

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most girls have worn a babydoll dress and it just feels so nostalgic right now ;)

      Delete
  3. One of the classics. I like it. Looking forward to seeing the different patterns and the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa ;) I am gathering up my fabrics this weekend! Yay!

      Delete
  4. She is delightful this dress, congratulations for your perseverance, the beautiful result is there !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Guyloup! I am the type of doll clothes maker who wouldn't stop until I'm happy with a pattern because that pattern will be used over and over again... Hahaha I sometimes want to remind myself to slow it down a bit, but I just can't help it..

      Delete
    2. Lol !!! I understand you very well, I am the same :-)))

      Delete
  5. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with long yellow maxi dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!