Happy Holidays 2021 from atelierniSHASHA

My MyScene Barbie repaints sending their warm holidays greetings

It's that time once again, my friends!

You know - when we rush to buy gifts for our loved ones, give some time to decorate our homes, and eat the most food for the entire year.

Happy holidays to those of you who celebrate the season, my dollings!

This year, I haven't been too lazy - I made my girls some holidays outfits and minimalist diorama decor - YAY!

I am actually happy I did this, despite the meh quality of everything.

I did have a vivid vision of what I wanted to achieve in this diorama, back in November. 

Then, suddenly it's December 15! What? How? Wha...

Okay, so I had been again the worst time manager ever. The only well-prepared Christmas diorama I did was in 2015 here - and it made me the happiest! I will make sure to be more prepared next year as honestly, stuff like this make my heart smile.




I am not very sure if you've seen these girls before but it was in the last quarter of 2019 when I started repainting my rebodied MyScene thrift finds. I wasn't able to share the process because my laptop also started acting up and wouldn't even run the MovieMaker, the video editing software I used at the time.

After two years or so, I was elated to see them out of their boxes!


My initial plan for these MyScene dolls was actually to style the girls like the South Korean K-pop super girl band Blackpink, but I thought I hadn't really prepared enough. If I would do something like that, I should have done research on which of the many, many outfits the famous band had worn. But I got caught up with business things. You know how it's like for me, running my little business all by myself.

 After choosing the three girls, not four since there is no need for having four anymore, we went fabric shopping - just to the next room, in my fabric dresser :D




As you can see, I chose some glittery fabrics because, duh, holidays season :D

Seriously though, it's a breath of fresh air. I don't normally use these fabrics for my regular designs and they really are meant for such occasions anyways, right? 

After sewing each of the outfits, one of the girls got a hair re-do.


Then they chose the accessories to go with their outfits.


This was also my chance to see all the doll accessories I have in my bins. To be honest, it's been a long time since I saw them. I had been meaning to have an auditing video of sorts, because I wanted to do purging, too but as always, so little time.


Just some shoes and a bit of jewelry and my girls are happy ;)


Once the girls' outfits were set, I went to dig into my old bins of diorama items. I'm telling you, I was sooooo relieved to still find this Christmas decor set I made for that 2015 diorama in there. I thought I have already thrown it away. Thank goodness the set is still looking great. I just added walls (my old painting studies, covered with foam sheets). The chair and the rug, which I have kept safely as well, somehow added more texture to the space, which I like.

So yeah, that was how the process went to make this little diorama.

How about you, guys? 

What diorama have you prepared, if any, for this year's holidays season?

And if none, what's stopping you to build one? I have several holidays not making one because life can sometimes get in the way, you know.

But I thought it would be fun to share and learn from each other's experiences with holidays-themed diorama-making. It may be time-consuming to whip up Christmas decor from your existing materials, but I bet it is also challenging to source your decorating items given online shopping's shipping situation due to the pandemic.

Looking forward to hearing from you, dollings!

And of course, I hope have a joyous week with your family and loved ones!

always with much love,
shasha

Comments

  1. Happy Holidays Shasha! Hope you had an amazing time with your family and loved ones.

    If it makes you feel better, my time management skills are close to non-existant. I haven't made a big portion of the things I had planned for 2021, however I've managed to get a few big projects done. I did plan to make some Holiday theme decor for photos, but eventually didn't do it. I wanted to film the process, but never managed to find time for it, so I did nothing instead. I do take Holiday photos, but I don't make a dedicated diorama, I just use my regular backgrounds and add some decor to it. Most of it is just decor I use around my house, but that works in doll scale, like a miniature tree. This year I wasn't very inspired and had barely any ideas, but I hope next year will be different.

    I do like your dolls inspired by Blackpink, and it's great that you want to make outfits inspired by them. Pop culture is such a great source of inspiration for doll clothes or dioramas. I do like the ones you made, specially that white turtleneck top. It looks like it's made out of latex.

    If we don't talk earlier, happy 2022! Wish you a creative and amazing new year. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaaaahhh it was crazy this holidays season, but altogether great still. Thank you so much for always coming over for some chat, dear MC... Somehow, half of me felt better when you said you suck at time management, but man, half of me was sad, too.. We should really work harder in this department this new year, my friend. I challenge you --- let's set goals and be each other's accountability buddies! It's not easy to be your own boss, but let's be the bestest bosses of ourselves this new year, shall we?
      Now, now, since we all have similar Christmas diorama problems, including our dear friend Linda there, why don't we make a plan? And execute everything by the end of November!!! Yes, November! I know it works because I think back in 2015, I was able to have a diorama I am so proud of, because I started working on it early enough! Are u up for this little challenge?
      Yes, Blackpink and pop culture are a nice way to kind of spice up our work, right? It can be massive work, especially for us DIYers and doing it all alone hahaha but yes --- I will be making Blackpink-inspired campaign this quarter!!! Yay!
      The turtleneck top was actually a bodysuit, and it's made of some elastic fabric --- I really love that fabric a lot! I wish I could still source the same, but gosh, I still can't go roam around much and shop for fabric. I wanted to have a feel of them first because I get so inspired doing that. Online shopping is not bad, but I have bought some that is not up my standards, and that is due to me not seeing the fabric first.
      Sorry for this late reply, my dear.. Life had been crazy, for the lack of a better word, but still I am very grateful to be reading your comments here, and commenting back. Thank you for the friendship all these years! Mwah!!! To awesome happy crafting this 2022! Now, off to your blog!!! See u there!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Linda dear!!!
    Thank you so much for giving so much love for these dolls I have repainted two something years ago. I owe them so much, that I had to make their comeback a special one! These MyScene dolls are the ones I started learning repainting using fluid acrylics, because they have bigger heads. I have tried the original Barbie head sizes later, and I'm thankful for the experience I had with these Myscene ones. Which of the three did you like best?
    Gahhh, dioramas can be really daunting, but once you have taken all the photos and videos you want, it's all worth it. The key is to do things with ample time. I am challenging you, our dear MC and our wonderful DIYers reading this to plan our diorama as early as now, and execute the preparation and actual setup by the end of November! What do you think about this? hahaha of course, I am still high in holidays mood so I'm super excited, but I think it's important we distribute the heavy work per month so that come November, life is easier. And voila --- a lovely holidays diorama 2022 for us all!
    Wishing you all the best this year, too, dear and looking forward to seeing what you create! Thank you for all the love and friendship as always! Lots of hugs from me, shasha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's chat!